So as a date night, Mads and I decided to go to a drive-in movie theater! So classic! I have been a few times before, but Mads has never been to one (I guess they don’t have these in Denmark), so he was really excited to try it out! Drive-in movie theaters are not that common, so I had to drive about an hour outside of Raleigh in order to get to the Raleigh Road Outdoor Theater.
The movie started at 8 pm, so we left at 6:30 to make sure that we had a good spot to see the movie. I didn’t know what to expect, if there would be nobody or a huge line, so it’s better to act on the safe side and be a little early.
When we arrived, we found a spot right in the front! We pulled out the blankets and the snacks and got really cozy before the movie started.
While we were waiting for the movie to play, they played some really old cartoons which were kind of fun to watch.
So the movie turned out to be more weird and creepy than scary, but it was still such a great date, and Mads loved the whole experience, because it was “really American” haha. Everything I do with him, it doesn’t matter what it is, always turns out to be so much fun! (below is the only picture we got of the both of us haha)
5 Happy Things
- Mads and I had really good talks on the way there and back home. I love car rides with him.
- I love snacks, so I was happy to have an excuse to eat chips and candy!
- I was so scared to see this movie, so I was kinda happy that it turned out to be not that scary.
- It was fun to try something new with Mads; something that I don’t get to do often.
- I was happy that I got my car fixed in time, so we could actually be able to go to the drive-in movies.