When I was younger, one thing that I did every year during fall was go to a corn maze. Basically, a corn maze is exactly what it sounds like, a maze of corn. Every year when the corn grows back, the farm will cut the corn in a different maze, so that there is a new maze every year.
I work in the Intensive English Program at NC State, and a group of students from Mexico just came to our program to study English for a month. Since their arrival, we have started creating a lot of events for them, so that they can experience as much American culture as possible in a few short weeks. We were brainstorming ideas on where to take them in a meeting, and I came up with the idea of taking them to a corn maze!
We got a big bus to come and pick us up with the students, and they drove us to Phillip’s Farm which was not too far away. I was happy that I got to come along on the trip, because this was my first time actually getting to know the students. I had taken them to Target a few days earlier, but I didn’t really get a chance to actually meet them and talk with them (or remember their names haha).
It was such a fun time and such a truly American trip that they got to experience.
All of the students were so nice, and I’ve actually gotten to hang out with them quite a bit since this trip, so I’m really happy that I got to meet them through IEP. They are all so sweet and like to have a great time!
5 Happy Things from Today
- I got to skype my really good friend, Carina! And it was soooo nice to talk to her.
- I have been semi productive haha.
- I haven’t posted anything in a while, because I’ve been so busy, so I’m happy that I finally have time to do personal things like write on this blog.
- I got to sleep in this morning! (a rare occasion)
- I have done a lot of online window shopping which is always a happy thing. 🙂